RC-AirSim - RC Model Airplane Flight Simulator
A downloadable simulator for Windows
Learn to fly r/c model airplanes with this advanced realistic flight simulator!
RC-AirSim v1.2 is Here! What's New in Version 1.2:
- Added a new powerful controller remapping and calibration screen. Most game controllers, including custom controllers and r/c transmitter USB interface controllers, can easily be configured to work perfectly with RC-AirSim.
- Realistic engine smoke trails added to the following planes: Back 40 Trainer, F-15 Regal Eagle, Super Dee, and the World War I Flying Aces 1 & 2.
- Music added to the main menu will inspire you to be Top Gun of the model airplane field!
- The Virtual Model Airplane Club stopped by and tore down the old shed and put up a new high resolution shed in its place. They ask that you stop crashing into it! :-)
- 9 model airplanes to fly including: F-15 Fighter Jet, WWI Biplane, Glider, Electric Parkflyer, Aerobatic Planes, and a Trainer.
- Realistic r/c model airplane flight aerodynamics based on NASA flight simulation technology.
- Fly with Mouse, Keyboard, or Game Controller / USB Controller
- Powerful controller remapping and calibration feature so almost any controller is compatible.
- Awesome crashes! Planes break apart in a realistic physics-based manner.
- Realistic engine smoke trails.
- Accurate landings and ground handling.
- 3 view options - R/C (Line of Sight), Following (Chase cam), and Onboard camera (FPV). Click camera icon to change.
- 4 channel controls - aileron, elevator, rudder, throttle.
- Optional on-screen Transmitter Sticks.
- 3 control modes: Mode 2 (default), Mode 1, and 3 Channel.
- Field objects to avoid and fly behind.
- Doppler-correct sound.
- Get flying quickly! No slow, tedious menus or multiple load screens.
RC-AirSim is a favorite of radio-controlled model airplane pilots worldwide because it excels where it matters most: realistic flight dynamics and aerodynamics!
Tired of "simulators" that feel unrealistic and fly like an arcade game? Try RC-AirSim! Experienced R/C pilots say that RC-AirSim feels and flies like an actual r/c model airplane! R/C pilots, don't let your skills get rusty when you are away from the flying field: practice with RC-AirSim. New to the hobby of r/c model airplanes? Learn on RC-AirSim first and make the maiden flight of your first r/c plane a successful one.
RC-AirSim comes with these r/c model airplanes:
- F-15 Regal Eagle - Large gas powered ducted fan military jet. 4 Channel control.
- WWI Flying Ace - Electric scale biplane based on the historic World War I Fokker D.VII. Moving control surfaces and spinning prop. Comes with two paint schemes: Red/White or Blue/Green Lozenge. 4 Channel control.
- Back 40 Trainer - Classic 4 channel high-wing trainer with plenty of dihedral for beginners. Powered by a .40 size gas engine.
- Slowmowatt - Electric park flyer. Flies very slow so there is plenty of time to react. Easiest to fly! Perfect for beginners using the 3 Channel control scheme. 4 channel control available.
- Double Helix - Low wing electric sport plane. A great choice for beginning aerobatics. 4 Channel control.
- Madster EDF - Small sport scale electric ducted fan military jet. 4 Channel control.
- Super Dee - Large high wing tail-dragger aerobatic sport plane. Gas powered. Great for low inverted passes! 4 Channel control.
- Emerald Glider - Classic 2-meter wingspan glider. 4 Channels - use the 'throttle' channel to adjust your drag. For rudder/elevator controls only (no ailerons), fly using 3 Channel control scheme.
Please Note: RC-AirSim is a realistic r/c model airplane flight simulator, NOT an arcade game. And like a real model airplane, it will take some practice to master the basics. Luckily, in RC-AirSim, plane crashes are free (and fun)!
Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Don't hesitate to contact the developer directly. Happy Landings!
In order to download this simulator you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9.99 USD. You will get access to the following files: