RC-AirSim - RC Model Airplane Flight Simulator
A downloadable simulator for Windows
Learn to fly r/c model airplanes with this advanced realistic flight simulator!
RC-AirSim, the popular, realistic R/C Model Airplane Flight Simulator is available again on Windows!
- 9 model airplanes to fly including: F-15 Fighter Jet, WWI Biplane, Glider, Electric Parkflyer, Aerobatic Planes, and a Trainer.
- Realistic r/c model airplane flight aerodynamics based on NASA flight simulation technology.
- Fly with Mouse, Keyboard, or Gamepad Controller (see below for a list of supported gamepads).
- Awesome crashes! Planes break apart in a realistic physics-based manner.
- Accurate landings and ground handling.
- 3 view options - R/C (Line of Sight), Following (Chase cam), and Onboard camera (FPV). Click camera icon to change.
- 4 channel controls - aileron, elevator, rudder, throttle.
- Optional on-screen Transmitter Sticks.
- 3 control modes: Mode 2 (default), Mode 1, and 3 Channel.
- Field objects to avoid and fly behind.
- Doppler-correct sound.
- Get flying quickly! No slow, tedious menus or multiple load screens.
RC-AirSim is a favorite of radio-controlled model airplane pilots worldwide because it excels where it matters most: realistic flight dynamics and aerodynamics!
Tired of "simulators" that feel unrealistic and fly like an arcade game? Try RC-AirSim! Experienced R/C pilots say that RC-AirSim feels and flies like an actual r/c model airplane! R/C pilots, don't let your skills get rusty when you are away from the flying field: practice with RC-AirSim. New to the hobby of r/c model airplanes? Learn on RC-AirSim first and make the maiden flight of your first r/c plane a successful one.
RC-AirSim comes with these r/c model airplanes:
- F-15 Regal Eagle - Large gas powered ducted fan military jet. 4 Channel control.
- WWI Flying Ace - Electric scale biplane based on the historic World War I Fokker D.VII. Moving control surfaces and spinning prop. Comes with two paint schemes: Red/White or Blue/Green Lozenge. 4 Channel control.
- Back 40 Trainer - Classic 4 channel high-wing trainer with plenty of dihedral for beginners. Powered by a .40 size gas engine.
- Slowmowatt - Electric park flyer. Flies very slow so there is plenty of time to react. Easiest to fly! Perfect for beginners using the 3 Channel control scheme. 4 channel control available.
- Double Helix - Low wing electric sport plane. A great choice for beginning aerobatics. 4 Channel control.
- Madster EDF - Small sport scale electric ducted fan military jet. 4 Channel control.
- Super Dee - Large high wing tail-dragger aerobatic sport plane. Gas powered. Great for low inverted passes! 4 Channel control.
- Emerald Glider - Classic 2-meter wingspan glider. 4 Channels - use the 'throttle' channel to adjust your drag. For rudder/elevator controls only (no ailerons), fly using 3 Channel control scheme.
Please Note: RC-AirSim is a realistic r/c model airplane flight simulator, NOT an arcade game. And like a real model airplane, it will take some practice to master the basics. Luckily, in RC-AirSim, plane crashes are free (and fun)!
Gamepad Controllers with twin analog sticks supported by RC-AirSim: Xbox 360 controller and many generic clones, Logitech F310, Logitech F510, Logitech F710, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 controller (USB), plus many more.
RC-AirSim compatible R/C Transmitter interface project: http://www.instructables.com/id/RC-Transmitter-to-USB-Gamepad-Using-Arduino/
Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Don't hesitate to contact the developer directly. Happy Landings!
In order to download this simulator you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $8.99 USD. You will get access to the following files: