RC-AirSim - RC Model Airplane Flight Simulator
A downloadable simulator for Windows
Learn to fly r/c model airplanes with this advanced realistic flight simulator!
RC-AirSim v1.2 is Here! What's New in Version 1.2:
- Added a new powerful controller remapping and calibration screen. Most game controllers, including custom controllers and r/c transmitter USB interface controllers, can easily be configured to work perfectly with RC-AirSim.
- Realistic engine smoke trails added to the following planes: Back 40 Trainer, F-15 Regal Eagle, Super Dee, and the World War I Flying Aces 1 & 2.
- Music added to the main menu will inspire you to be Top Gun of the model airplane field!
- The Virtual Model Airplane Club stopped by and tore down the old shed and put up a new high resolution shed in its place. They ask that you stop crashing into it! :-)
- 9 model airplanes to fly including: F-15 Fighter Jet, WWI Biplane, Glider, Electric Parkflyer, Aerobatic Planes, and a Trainer.
- Realistic r/c model airplane flight aerodynamics based on NASA flight simulation technology.
- Fly with Mouse, Keyboard, or Game Controller / USB Controller
- Powerful controller remapping and calibration feature so almost any controller is compatible.
- Awesome crashes! Planes break apart in a realistic physics-based manner.
- Realistic engine smoke trails.
- Accurate landings and ground handling.
- 3 view options - R/C (Line of Sight), Following (Chase cam), and Onboard camera (FPV). Click camera icon to change.
- 4 channel controls - aileron, elevator, rudder, throttle.
- Optional on-screen Transmitter Sticks.
- 3 control modes: Mode 2 (default), Mode 1, and 3 Channel.
- Field objects to avoid and fly behind.
- Doppler-correct sound.
- Get flying quickly! No slow, tedious menus or multiple load screens.
RC-AirSim is a favorite of radio-controlled model airplane pilots worldwide because it excels where it matters most: realistic flight dynamics and aerodynamics!
Tired of "simulators" that feel unrealistic and fly like an arcade game? Try RC-AirSim! Experienced R/C pilots say that RC-AirSim feels and flies like an actual r/c model airplane! R/C pilots, don't let your skills get rusty when you are away from the flying field: practice with RC-AirSim. New to the hobby of r/c model airplanes? Learn on RC-AirSim first and make the maiden flight of your first r/c plane a successful one.
RC-AirSim comes with these r/c model airplanes:
- F-15 Regal Eagle - Large gas powered ducted fan military jet. 4 Channel control.
- WWI Flying Ace - Electric scale biplane based on the historic World War I Fokker D.VII. Moving control surfaces and spinning prop. Comes with two paint schemes: Red/White or Blue/Green Lozenge. 4 Channel control.
- Back 40 Trainer - Classic 4 channel high-wing trainer with plenty of dihedral for beginners. Powered by a .40 size gas engine.
- Slowmowatt - Electric park flyer. Flies very slow so there is plenty of time to react. Easiest to fly! Perfect for beginners using the 3 Channel control scheme. 4 channel control available.
- Double Helix - Low wing electric sport plane. A great choice for beginning aerobatics. 4 Channel control.
- Madster EDF - Small sport scale electric ducted fan military jet. 4 Channel control.
- Super Dee - Large high wing tail-dragger aerobatic sport plane. Gas powered. Great for low inverted passes! 4 Channel control.
- Emerald Glider - Classic 2-meter wingspan glider. 4 Channels - use the 'throttle' channel to adjust your drag. For rudder/elevator controls only (no ailerons), fly using 3 Channel control scheme.
Please Note: RC-AirSim is a realistic r/c model airplane flight simulator, NOT an arcade game. And like a real model airplane, it will take some practice to master the basics. Luckily, in RC-AirSim, plane crashes are free (and fun)!
Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Don't hesitate to contact the developer directly. Happy Landings!
|Published||Jun 04, 2015|
|Tags||aircraft, airplane, Flight, flying, jet, model, plane, rc, sim, simulator|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, XBox 360 controllers, Gamepad (any), Joystick, Touchscreen|
In order to download this simulator you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9.99 USD. You will get access to the following files: